Sunday, April 25, 2010

MORE INSPIRATION


All white bathrooms have their appeal.
Glass block is fun.
Loving the corrugated metal.
Glass block in the floor upstairs to allow light to pass through.


Cool lamps at Etsy HQ.








The rough stone surround on this thirty footer
is really attractive.

Love the front door overhang,
would look better on a 30' yurt, no?

Pretty French doors!

A typical 16' platform. Notice
the footers, no digging necessary.
Makes it truly portable should the
need or desire arise.

I KNOW, I KNOW...
I've really given this a lot of thought.
I've even gone so far as to create a foamboard scale model, 1" = 1'.
With various features cut out of graph paper and kept loose
it allows me to move things around until I get the fit right.
I've cut out two human forms to be sure there's enough room for
two people cooking without tripping over each other, for instance.

In addition to the sleeping loft I also plan to have a second loft,
a sort of guest room with some storage.
Downstairs would be a dressing room/office/library.
This room would have open sides with floor length curtains
which could be pulled into place to close it off when company comes over.

I plan a 10' circular carpeted space or circular bench in the center
with big fat pillows for hanging out.

A foyer with storage closets for outer wear will line the 10' foyer leading in.
As the two lofts will be wedge shaped and 10' long on each side
the ends will finish out at 4' wide ending at the inner circle.
On the closed and finished end of the bathroom
I'll place a small attractive propane heater,
vented to the outside.

There will be ample room for a living room and a dining area as well.
I do hope to have a raised counter with room for four stools.

Most of my storage will be in the Amish garage (see sidebar photo at left).
Can you feel the excitement mounting?

AFTER THE YURT...
It'll be time to get a dog, a dog named Mango.

No comments:

Post a Comment