Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One of the finer features of the yurt is this simple plexiglas dome.
It brings in the loveliest light all day long.
Yurt dwellers talk about the changing light of day as well as the seasons.
I remember this from my winters in the yurt.
I could always tell the slow shift to the springtime position of the sun.
It filled me with sadness, though.
It signaled the end of my winter residency
and a time to think about heading back home for the summer.

Here we're holding up the walls as Paul works outside
'crocheting' together the loops.
This creates a strong bond between the walls
and the roof.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear,

    I like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Welcome to Indiegogo. We provide yoga studio yurt and easy giuded meditation yurt for sale with the affordable price at indiegogo.com in the USA.

    More Visit - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/yurts4soul-your-very-own-dome-4-yoga-meditation#/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name's Marty director of highheavenhouse based in Hong Kong and Bendigo Australia...mmmm was thinking about trying to make or get hold of one giant piece of plexi-glass to make a dome, pop on on a cliff at red Johanna, Victoria. I guess the size of a five berth vintage caravan, any ideas guys?

    ReplyDelete